Monday, February 1, 2010

12-10-55 I Will Become A Writer.

I have come to some sort of a conviction that I will become a writer. It has come slowly but very surely of late - phrases, well phrased, come to my mind - a wider, deeper, more encompassing appreciation of the ordinary things all about me - more meaning in everything - a stronger conviction that I will unavoidably put it all on paper little by little and someday wholly - a picture of it came to me yesterday - not a picture of a blossoming, showy and flamboyant, as I might have pictured it months or years ago - but instead the first fundamental sign of life - a tiny green growth bursting from a dry pod beneath the surface of the drab basicness of earth - the merest beginning of the growth toward the eventual hoped-for blossoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment