Monday, February 1, 2010

June 30, 1955 - Golf

I'd like to learn to play golf. I just saw a film showing a women's golf tournament - the full swing of a drive looked strange to me - I wondered why - and realized what struck me was the absolute lack of inhibition inherent in such an action - I felt that were I trying such a swing, my arms would tighten and I would be unable, or more truly, unwilling, to swing so freely - but I'd love to learn to be able to act with such confidence & freedom - if only I could learn, I'm sure I'd benefit in other ways.

------------------------------

I'm speaking now to Sara Menaboni - I saw something this evening that would please you, I believe - I looked toward the cherry tree atop the hill, heavily studded with scarlet, and I noticed a cardinal helping himself to the bright, sour fruit - a larger shape of the same scarlet, brilliant against the dark green foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment