Friday, October 9, 2009

December 31, 1971 - Cont'd

The radio is playing Once Upon A time - an old, loved, lovely favorite of John's times - nights @ Murray's when Rob Trebor would play my sweet sad favorites & I made a fool of myself by trying to reach out & touch him through an occasional note.

Wed. Doug & I went to the Arboretum where we snowshoed in the clean clear faceted world of bog & cat tail & vacant space - distance all our own - our snowshoes making lovely patterned trails behind us crossing an occasional cross country shoer's trail, stooping to scoop a handful of snow to take on thirst with its cold clean melting. I so needed that peace after the earlier chaos of shopping & waiting, forever, waiting in lines & crowds for this & for that -----

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive