Thursday, October 8, 2009

December 31, 1971 - New Hope

New Year's Eve. My new hope, R. is due here for dinner and all other glories in one hour. He called to say he'd be late but he called & said to have one or two to catch up so I am having a glass of wine and already my world is vanished. It appears smooth & there is a sheen to it and although so acutely aware that tomorrow and/or Sunday my life will once again hit me full in the face, for now I can feel warm & relaxed & full of hope & good feeling.

The moon is full tonight as I am and there on the ground some 6" of new snow fresh & clean & of fine powdered crystals - seeming different somehow from what we've had before. Doug tried last night to catch the moon in his telescope & it was frustratingly evasive. Tho we both tried & tried to catch its brilliant clarity in the lens we could not but there was once when I was holding the tripod firmly I saw the bright singular replica of the moon shining in my son's eye only to be lost again & forever for that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive